Commercial Roofing Project Management
When it comes to having a large job such as extensive preventive maintenance on a property complex or a commercial building completed, it can be difficult to find the best company to perform the work.
It can be even harder to monitor the work being done to ensure it is what the property needs. When you work with a team that completes roof inspections, can help create a budget and has spent years creating relationships with commercial roofing contractors in the area, you can be sure you are getting the best job done at the best price.
Roofing Project Management
We offer inclusive services for project management and contract administration for commercial and industrial roofing projects of all types and sizes. These services are a natural extension of our pre-bid and post-bid consulting services and work together to ensure a successful project for our clients. The best way to ensure that your commercial roofing project will comply with all building codes, design specifications, and the requirements of the materials manufacturer is to hire a roofing specialist for project management.
We will oversee every facet of your roofing system construction and installation project. Our goal is to protect the integrity of your new roof and ensure that performance and the roof warranty are not compromised. A member of our team will identify items, and visually verify the proper installation of all components of commercial roofing systems, such as fasteners, sealing seams, roof penetrations, flashing, and more. You can count on our team for:
- Experts with 30+ years of industry experience
- A commitment to excellence
- Specialized knowledge in roof design and roof asset management
- An experienced and focused team of consultants
- Attention to detail
- Customized service for every project
- A commitment to continually raising the bar
Contract Administration Services
Our contract administration service is designed to reduce your burden while allowing you to maintain control of your project from beginning to completion. Our professionals review all terms, conditions, and requirements of your contract to manage your roofing project effectively. We keep you informed of the progress of the job, any notable situations, and relevant details. We can handle submittals, change orders, draw requests, and as-built documentation. We protect your interests and provide the documentation and records needed for maintenance programs or filing warranty claims.
Roof Contractor Evaluations
When planning a commercial roofing project, selecting a highly qualified roofing company is essential. We offer roof contractor evaluations to pre-qualify commercial roofing contractors for our clients. Our service enables you to know that you are only receiving bids from highly qualified companies. We thoroughly qualify candidates using a broad range of criteria, such as financial stability, performance history, certifications, training, and other factors to ensure that you get professional workmanship at a decent price.
Evaluating a Roofing Contractor
The standards used to evaluate commercial roofing companies vary, according to the requirements of the specific project. Even evaluating the financial strength or expertise of a contractor is relative to the project. We utilize a complex process for Peachtree Corners roofing contractor evaluations that is tailored to the requirements of each project, but there are some essential areas that should be taken into consideration, regardless of the size or scope of the job. In determining the stability & reputation of contractors, we consider:
- Years in business
- Certifications and licenses
- General capabilities
- Equipment and personnel
- Financial strength
- References from past projects
- A history free of lawsuits
Other considerations in roofing contractor evaluations
- Trade Group Memberships – Trade groups are professional associations that convey appropriate certification to demonstrate training and knowledge of specific standards and requirements in a profession. Membership in these organizations and product manufacturer endorsements demonstrate that a roofing company values its reputation and holds credentials that reflect a commitment to providing quality services.
- Training in Roofing System Installation – Simply purchasing roofing materials on the way to the job site requires no particular training or talent. For this reason, it is important to ensure that a commercial roofing contractor has completed supplier training in the proper installation and procedures for the specified commercial roofing system. Improper roof installation can result in numerous problems, premature failures, and void the warranty. For this reason, determining that the contractor bidding on your project has been qualified and certified by the specified roofing material manufacturer and has sufficient installation experience is a top priority in our Peachtree Corners roofing contractor evaluations process.
- Insurance and Safety Requirements – Risk reduction, liability concerns, and job site safety are essential considerations when evaluating any commercial roof company. A qualified contractor will maintain appropriate levels of coverage and adequate insurance types. Additionally, qualified roofing companies will have a demonstrated job site safety record, including no OSHA violations, no workplace injuries resulting from negligence, and a commitment to the use of personal protection equipment. Often, contractors disregarding insurance coverage offer lower bids, but costly problems may develop. We complete due diligence in evaluating roofing companies to mitigate financial risk for your business.